Welcome to the wiki of GTR
GameType Revolution, or GTR, is a versatile Quake 4 modification that tries to tweak and enhance Quake 4 to make it more fun. It’s developement will not be limited to a locked rulesets as “VQ4″ (Basic Quake 4).
We do what other mods won’t do, which means that we WILL change what needs to be changed to make the game more fun.
We work closely together with the community and we gather all our testers from the community, so don’t be afraid to let us hear your ideas and suggestions, we will listen to every single one of them.
To give you an example: We have had numerous weaponbalance tests with the community to make the game more enjoyable and less rail only, and now id has picked many of the results up and they are in the 1.3 point release for Quake 4!
GTR adds loads of new and cool features to Quake 4 for your everyday gaming pleasure.
New gametypes and gamemodes, such as:
- GPM - CPM-like gameplay
- Freestyle – like defrag from Q3, more features to come when we have more time.
- Excessive Plus – which will give you more action than you can even dream of.
- 1Flag CTF – bring the flag from the middle to your enemy’s flag.
- FreezeTag – freeze the enemy team to score.
- Midair & instagib gameplay
… and more which you will find when you download this modification.
We have also made some nice alterations to make the game feel better overall:
- Lowered viewheight to bring the speedy and in-control feel of Quake 3.
- Modified projectile spawnpoint offset to give you better looking rockets and better rocket jumping.
This wiki mostly contains the content that you can find in the docs/ folder in your GTR-Installation.